Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mashups

The whole idea of mashups isn't crystal clear to me yet. I researched to topic and found cool results, even some award winning examples. I'm pretty sure that a mashup is a webpage that combines the best aspects of various sources and mashes them together to create a new service. Of the award winners, my favorite was a page called Triplify. I used it to search my family's favorite vacation spot. The results came from Bing, Yahoo, and Google. So, all at once I could see the results from all search engines. Another one, more useful for the classroom, QuillPill allows you to write and post a story up to 140 characters. I would love to know how other use this in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment